Thursday, January 27, 2021
SANTA FE – The New Mexico Department of Health on Wednesday announced the updated statewide COVID-19 map for the two-week period beginning Jan. 27, with Sierra County now at the Yellow Level.
- Essential businesses (non-retail): No capacity restrictions.
- Essential retail spaces: 33% of maximum capacity
- Food and drink establishments: 25% of maximum capacity for indoor dining.
- All other businesses: 25% of maximum capacity.
- Houses of worship: 33% of the maximum capacity.
- Places of lodging: 60% of maximum occupancy.
- Mass gatherings limit: 10 persons; 25 vehicles
- Close-contact recreational facilities: Remain closed
No new cases or deaths of COVID-19 were reported yesterday in Sierra County. Sierra Vista Hospital is encouraging everyone to come by and be tested for COVID-19 – with or without symptoms. No age limits, no appointments. Drive-by testing this Saturday in the main parking lot from 9am to 3pm. GET TESTED – Help keep Sierra County open!