Thursday, February 4, 2021
No new cases of COVID-19 and zero deaths were reported yesterday in Sierra County. According to the New Mexico Department of Health, 1,745 or 15.7% of Sierra County’s population have been partially or fully vaccinated to date.
Sierra County is now at the Yellow Level with an average percent of positive COVID-19 cases less than 5%. Allowing for the following:
- Essential businesses (non-retail): No capacity restrictions.
- Essential retail spaces: 33% of maximum capacity.
- Food and drink establishments: 25% of maximum capacity for indoor dining.
- All other businesses: 25% of maximum capacity.
- Houses of worship: 33% of the maximum capacity.
- Places of lodging: 60% of maximum occupancy.
- Mass gatherings limit: 10 persons; 25 vehicles.
- Close-contact recreational facilities: Remain closed.