Effective Saturday, Aug. 29, 2020 the following changes will be made to the NM Public Health Order:
- Houses of worship may operate at 40 percent of maximum occupancy.
- Food and drink establishments (including restaurants, breweries, wineries, distillers, cafes, coffee shops or other similar establishments) may provide indoor dining service at 25 percent of maximum occupancy.
- Food and drink establishments may continue to provide outdoor dining options, carryout and delivery services.
- Museums with static displays may operate at 25% capacity.
- Mass gatherings of more than 10 individuals are prohibited.
The new emergency public health order will be effective through September 18, 2020.
According to the New Mexico Department of Health website Sierra County has tested 6,015 people for COVID-19 with 99.4% testing NEGATIVE. 0.6% (37) have tested POSITIVE with 1 death reported.