The Indigent Health Care Office assists the indigent residents of Sierra County in obtaining health care. To further this goal, the County has adopted an ordinance which recognizes the County’s responsibility to assist indigents in paying for health care.
Individuals are eligible for IHC assistance if:
- they qualify as medically indigent
- they have been residents of Sierra County for at least ninety (90) days
Individuals are not eligible for assistance if:
- they are eligible for medical assistance from New Mexico Human Services Department as specified in Section 27-5-3 NMSA 1973
- they do not qualify as medically indigent
- they do not meet the residency requirements
- they are under the age of 18, unless they are married or emancipated
Prescription discount cards may be picked up in the Indigent Health Care / County Manager’s office free of charge. Please visit patientassistance.com for more information.